Monday, February 5, 2007

A very Tough Decision

After a ridiculous amount of consideration, I have decided not to extend my internship with UCA. Instead I will be finishing up work during the first week of March, traveling around Uganda, Rwanda, and hopefully to Ethiopia, and then heading back home....after a visit to England if at all possible! I was reluctant to end in March because I didn't want to "give up" (especially after our disastrous tournament experience), but after thinking it through I feel that I can accomplish a lot in my last month with UCA, and then move on to other things. I will be finishing up my book of tree species information and working with environmental organizations to organize some trainings for youth co-operative groups. Also I will be involved in organizing an environmental song, dance and drama competition between primary schools of Buyobe Kayunga at the end of the month which will be really exciting. I absolutely love Uganda and it will be VERY hard to leave this beautiful country and all the great people I've met here - but sometimes the difficult decision is the right one. I honestly plan to come back someday in a different capacity.

No comments: