Sunday, January 28, 2007

Learning and Moving On


Well, we are now in the post-tournament phase of our internships, and I couldn't be more happy to have it behind us. Our "Playing for Awareness" Sports Tournament on Saturday was a complete disaster (at least in our oppinion), but I learned more in one day than I have over the course of the last few months. It was extremely disheartening to see how demanding and ungrateful everyone was, and even how dishonest people became when a bull was at stake. It was going so badly that at one point I had considered not extending my internship, but now that I have had the opportunity to cool off a bit, I realize that I need to overcome the problems we faced, and actually get some environmental information across before I pack up and head home.

So now I am switching gears and will be starting to focus on assembling a book of information on tree species to distribute to farming co-operatives as part of the environmental trainings I would like to organize. Also I will be using the money that I raised over the holidays back home to fund an environmental drama and song competition between school groups in March. Thank you again to everyone that contributed to the fund, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

It is from our failures not our successes that we learn the most!

No comments: