Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Got Some Great News!


After being told that I had not received a scholarship, I was informed via email in a little Internet cafe in Rwanda that I did in fact get a scholarship and will be able to attend a 2-year masters in Europe to study tropical forestry!! I'm a very very lucky girl!

I will be starting in Dresden Germany in October of this year and will be doing a field course in either Costa Rica or French Guyana to start off the summer. For the second year specialization in agroforestry I'll be going to North Wales to a little place called Bangor... one of the most isolated places in the whole of the UK. It still hasn't really sunk in that I'll be getting money to study something I love in Europe for two years, I feel so unbelievably fortunate! And for now I'll have to start learning some German (although school will be entirely in English, thank god!).

The picture above is the view from a lodge we stayed in for a night in Rwanda. From one spot we could clearly see 6 volcanoes and two large lakes! It was absolutely breathtaking. I'll post the other photos on my picture site now.

No comments: